We’re going back to the basics with this one, so what is a lead magnet? A lead magnet is a promotional tool used by marketers to attract potential customers or leads. It’s typically used to encourage people to provide their contact information in exchange for something valuable, such as a free eBook, webinar, or other type of content. In this article we will provide 10 ideas & 3 free resources for lead magnet templates to get you started.
A lead magnet – It’s an absolute must-have for anyone in the e-commerce space, here’s why.
It’s important because it helps to capture the attention of potential customers and provides an incentive for them to raise their hand as interested in your product or service. By offering an opt-in, whether that be a pop-up or a newsletter spot on your homepage, you can quickly build a list of qualified leads & start nurturing relationships with those prospects. Lead magnets also give you insight into the interests of your target audience and can be used to develop more tailored content for them.
Last but not least, they’re the gateway into the e-mail marketing channel, which has one of the highest ROI potentials when compared to any other marketing method. This figure can go as high as a x40 return for every dollar you put in. So not only are you attracting ideal prospects & attaining a way to contact them to potentially turn them into customers, you can then also implement some form of customer retention. There is huge potential for business growth any way you look at it.
Lead Magnet Ideas & Examples
Are you having trouble conceptualizing what a lead magnet looks like? Here’s 10 ideas to get the creative juices flowing & examples of how they can be written out. They might not all apply to your specific business but they might inspire other possibilities that could be implemented in the future. You can even combine any of these to make an even more enticing offer & provide even greater value to your audience.
1. A Free E-book – “Discover the Secrets to Unlocking Your True Potential in this FREE Book! With simple yet effective strategies, this book will help you identify and overcome the obstacles preventing you from achieving success. Download your complimentary copy now and start your journey to success!”
2. A Checklist – Get Your Homepage SEO Optimization Checklist Now! Are you looking for an easy way to make sure your homepage is properly optimized to get found on Google? Look no further – with our Homepage SEO Optimization Checklist you can make sure your website is up to date and stands a chance at getting found on the SERPs. Download this free checklist now and get step-by-step instructions on how to optimize the most important page on your website.
3. A Video Course – Are you looking to take your guitar playing skills to the next level? Our video course will show you how to become proficient in the art of guitar playing. From beginner to advanced, our step-by-step instruction will help you master the fundamentals and develop the skills to play any style of music. Sign up now to get instant access to our free lead magnet containing a cheat-sheet of the top 10 guitar techniques you need to know!
4. A Webinar – Are you an aspiring musician who wants to learn how to get paid for playing music? Take this free webinar and learn how to land the music gigs of your dreams! Discover the secrets of the music industry and how to craft the perfect pitch to promoters and venues. Plus, get insider tips and strategies to help you succeed in the competitive music business. Reserve your spot now and start earning money from your music!
5. A Template – Are you looking for creative ways to make your email marketing campaigns stand out? Look no further! Download our FREE email marketing templates and get inspired to create stunning emails that will help you increase your open and click-through rates. Our templates are designed to make it easy for you to create professional, eye-catching emails that will get your message across in an engaging way. Start using our templates today and watch your email marketing results soar!
6. A Discount Offer – Are you looking to take your guitar playing to the next level? Get ready to rock with this exclusive offer on guitar pedals! Shop now and get 15% off any purchase of our signature guitar pedals, plus free shipping on all orders! Don’t miss out on this special offer, it ends on this date – grab your discount today!
7. A Free Consultation – Unlock the Secrets of Ecommerce Success! Get a Free Consultation on Your Ecommerce Marketing Strategy and Take Your Online Business to the Next Level. Sign up today, only a few spots left!
8. A Quiz – Take a free quiz and discover how to unlock your musical potential! Learn how to take your music abilities to the next level with this simple and fun test. Get tailored advice and tips on how to improve your skills, plus exclusive access to the best music resources. Find out how to become the musician you’ve always wanted to be.
9. A Sample Chapter – Download a FREE chapter from our latest book “Music Mastery: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Music Pro” and learn the essential tips & tricks for mastering the art of music! Inside this chapter, you’ll get valuable advice on how to create a practice routine, perfect your skills, develop your style and more. Get a jump start on your musical journey – download this FREE chapter of Music Mastery today!
10. An Audio File – Want to hear a sneak peek of our latest album before it’s released to the public? Download the single now and be one of the first to listen to our new sound.
Lead Magnet Templates
If you’re looking to maximize your output & efficiency, you’re in luck. With the technology that’s available nowadays, things like this have become way easier to implement. You can now craft a quality piece of content with minimal effort so you can focus on more important tasks like running your business.
Here’s a couple of free resources where you can find a lead magnet template that suits your needs:
1. Visme provides a variety of lead magnet templates including those for providing checklists, gift guides, plus more. You can try many of them for free & they also offer a premium version.
2. Canva is a personal favorite that we often use. They have easy to edit templates of all sorts ranging from marketing materials to business templates, & even social media.
Here’s a couple template sections to look into for generating a lead magnet. Best of all, most of their services can be used for free but they also have a premium version.
3. Beacon is the next resource we can recommend looking into. They have a variety of professionally designed lead magnet templates you can use for free & lead capture forms.
Finally, if you’re purely an e-commerce store, consider this one:
“Sign up to receive 15% off your first order, receive exclusive offers, and be the first to know about upcoming giveaways”
This is a 3-point approach that boosts the perceived value of the offer. Not only do prospects receive a one-time discount (you decide what percentage works for you), you are likely going to send out promo codes in the future so the 2nd bit is a given.
We recommend sending exclusive codes & offers to your email subscribers as well, something just a bit better than what you might offer to the public on Instagram. This is to enhance the value of being on the mailing list & to make your readers feel special.
The final part is giveaways, because who doesn’t love free stuff?? If you aren’t planning to do giveaways, consider doing it once a month or every other month. It’s a good way to re-engage your readers, drive traffic to your website, and enhance engagement such as commenting on a new blog post to enter the giveaway.
You can use apps like Gleam.io to keep track of all the entries, set specific requirements to gain more entry points such as commenting, & draw random winners. You should check it out!
A lead magnet is an effective tool for ecommerce businesses to generate leads and convert potential customers into buyers. It is an incentive offered in exchange for an email address, often in the form of a discount or exclusive content, that encourages people to subscribe to an email list.
By offering a lead magnet, businesses can capture leads and build an email list of potential customers. This list can then be used to send targeted emails with personalized offers and messages that are more likely to result in a sale.
Lead magnets can also help businesses build relationships with their customers, increase brand loyalty, and stay top of mind when they’re ready to buy. We recommend checking out the lead magnet template sites listed above to get started on building your offer or skimming the “ideas” section to get the creativity flowing.
Overall, having a lead magnet is essential for ecommerce businesses to effectively capture leads and convert them into sales. It opens up the doors of new possibilities by enabling an entire marketing channel. You could probably run your entire business solely on e-mail marketing, or definitely use it as a core pillar to your marketing mix. With email marketing having one of the highest ROI (up to $40 per $1 spent), this is definitely something to consider implementing.
If you need help setting up a lead magnet & e-mail automation sequences to generate leads on autopilot, get in contact with us. We can help guide you or offer to do this for you as a service. You can get in contact here or visit our shop where we have marketing packages available for e-commerce businesses.